Friday, January 15, 2010

THE ILL'S OF SOCIETY Pt 1

THE ILL'S OF SOCIETY Pt 1

(Beware Of Programming and False Icons)
It pains me to think how the good principles and values of truth and love passed down through the generations can easily be distorted and thrown aside as simple as it happens in these times we live. The very notion of being a good person which to me is the highest and most respected form of evolution a human being can reach on earth is only measured by that which is only tangible and not by what is held within one's self. The problems this particular mindset causes is limitless through my eyes as well as many I discuss this topic with. While I would never discourage someone from chasing their dreams and reaching for what they want, I would only want to help shed light on what really matters the most in this life and the eternal life after we leave this one we experience in a physical form. The love and support of one's family and all others that are close is invaluable and should be held above the greed which seems to possess the world in current times. The powers that be attack us with weapons of programing and mind control that the vast majority of the public are blind to or to caught up in the grind of every day life to see for themselves. In a country deemed the most powerful in the world very few things happen by chance from that which is on the greatest scale to things such as trends, movies, and music, while I won't go into great detail about that right now I ask you to think about why and what is the reason for the things that are introduced to the youth and placed among us, and not simply say as I hear often "That's just the way things are." My father said to me one day not long ago "I wouldn't want to be a young man in this time." Once I thought about it I really saw exactly what he was saying to me.
For a person growing up in his generation to look at my generation and see how much the deck is stacked against us is very understandable. For an African-American as myself things are much more disjointed and rootless versus the previous generations. While those before us had to experience out right hatred and discrimination they enjoyed a unified community free of false heroes and public figures for the most part. The people they looked up to such as Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Bobby Seale, Rosa Parks, Jim Brown as well as a host of others genuinely cared about their people and really did everything they could to bring about equality amongst the world. While today the youth looks up to people who preach self destruction, violence, greed, and blasphemy for their on monetary gains rather then telling the people about what is really going on in society and what the real agenda should be. The Lil Wayne's, Jay Z's, Beyonce's, and Rihanna's of the world as well as others do as much harm in the community as drugs and guns will ever do. The messages they send out to the world which they are not entirely responsible for (look at who is in control of the entertainment industries) corrupt the minds of the young. For the males the talk of selling drugs, gunplay, and manipulation is a terrible thing to push along and act like it is the thing to do. As a former participant in this life style I can say from experience it is not the way anyone would want to live their life, in no way is it glamorous and stylish, and the consequences of it are a tough pill to swallow. For the female artists promoting promiscuity, and having little to no respect for one's self is very counterproductive to a teenage female just beginning to experience life, and can also be damaging to any developing relationship she is involved in. While I love rap, hip hop, r&b, soul, and reggae in its purest forms of reporting what people go through, I dislike it for what some of it has become and for it's manipulation of the minds of the unsuspecting. Day in and day out I see the effects these things have on young children as well as middle age adults and I can honestly say it hurts to see people being led astray and not knowing it.
To my readers don't get me wrong I may for entertainment purposes and to enjoy the artistry may listen to underground rap that you might not want your child listening to and gangster movies you wouldn't want them to view I am totally conscious of what I am hearing and seeing. Entertainment is one thing but to be sucked in and allow material to influence your thoughts and actions is something different. Everything and every person you see, hear or encounter is not what they seem. Beware of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment